#PreserveAfricaArchives - Forum On How Broadcasters Are Preparing Archives For Digital Preservation
As part of the ongoing Broadcast Media Africas (BMA)'s Industry Programme on the "#PreserveAfricaArchives" with Apricity Consulting, BMA has invited leaders in Africa's broadcasting media to our open online industry forum.
According to the organisers', the virtual forum will discuss the opportunities and challenges stakeholders in Africa face as they seek to take their archives for digital preservation. To be addressed will also be issues such as:
* Evaluating investment vs benefits of digital preservation - how decisions are arrived at
* Putting in place robust processes to help identify, evaluate, organise the archiving of broadcast materials
* Challenges and risks identified with sound and audiovisual archives
* Strategies relating to documentation sourcing, validating checks, access and disaster recovery planning
* Compilation of an inventory and how to gain value from an accurate inventory
The online forum with the theme: "Auditing And Preparing Broadcast Archives For Digital Preservation In Africa" will take place on:
Date: Tuesday 25th May 2021
Time: 11h00 (BST) | 12h00 (SAST) | 13h00 (EAT)
To be part of this virtual industry forum and meet and share ideas with professionals and practitioners across Africa, visit the event website to register.