Pay TV

Multichoice Africa Surpasses 20 Million Subscribers Across Africa - Company Report

Africa's PayTV behemoth, Multichoice Group, has announced that it now has 20.1 million active subscribers to its DStv and GOtv platform across Africa. According to the company, this represents a six per cent increase year-on-year. Multichoice statement revealed that it added 1.2 million active subscribers in the quarter leading to up to 30 September 2020.
 
A cursory analysis of the Multichoice figures showed that South Africa still retains most of MultiChoice's PayTV subscriber base, and it is still its biggest market with just under 43 per cent of its total subscriber pool. The rest of Africa combined makes up the rest 57 per cent.
 
Calvo Mawela, the Chief Executive Officer for MultiChoice, is obviously delighted with the result as he said: "Despite operating in a challenging environment and being affected by lockdowns, production stoppages and disruptions to live sport, we delivered on all key metrics. Underpinned by our world-class technology, our emphasis is on offering great content across different platforms and building an ecosystem which keeps customers engaged."
 
Mawela continues: "Our subscriber base of more than 20 million customers provides considerable scale and a platform to add more products and services continuously. We believe that, whether organically or through third-parties, offering our customers an ecosystem of video entertainment options will be fundamental to our long-term success and to making our customers' lives more convenient and fulfilling."





Share this post