MTN Ghana Withdraws From "Significant Market Player" Lawsuit
MTN Ghana - the country's leading telecom networks and services provider - said, earlier this week, that it had withdrawn the court case application made to the Ghana's Supreme Court against the National Communications Authority of Ghana (NCA) - the country's telecoms regulator.
It will be recalled that earlier in September 2020, MTN Ghana commenced a court case proceeding against the regulator for classifying it a "Significant Market Player" and the case has made its way to the country's Supreme Court.
However, a recent statement issued by MTN Ghana's corporate services executive said that: "given the progress made so far, in good faith, on settlement discussions with the NCA, and Ministry of Communications, the company has withdrawn its application filed at the Supreme Court on September 4, 2020."
Samuel Koranteng, MTN Ghana's executive also commented that: "We are convinced that this decision is in the best interest of our cherished customers, shareholders and other stakeholders and MTN Ghana identifies that collective goodwill and commitment is necessary to help the entire industry thrive.