“Quality Content Is Key To Success In The Digital Broadcasting Ecosystem,” Say Industry Executives At SABA’s Content Management Industry Forum
At the recently concluded Industry Forum on Content Management for Digital Broadcast Media that was convened by Broadcast Media Africa (BMA) and the Southern African Broadcasting Association (SABA) on the 25th and 26th of June 2019 at the BON Hotel And Suites in Swakopmund, Namibia, it was reiterated that in a digital ecosystem, the manner in which content is created and delivered has the power to make or break Africa’s broadcasters because consumers and audiences have begun to demand quality content that speaks to them and would be sure to switch if their expectations are not met.
With Sentech as the principal partner and the Namibian Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) as the official host, the Industry Forum examined a plethora of critical themes and arrived at essential conclusions and recommendations such as that:
- Broadcasters should use innovative signal distribution to successfully deliver streaming and OTT TV
- It would be highly beneficial for Africa’s broadcasters to build enough capacity to deliver high-quality home-grown content that appeals to a universal audience
- Regulatory frameworks should be put in place to align content for converged media platforms of the broadcast and telecoms sector
- Effective skills training and certification are imperative to foster productivity in the industry
- Industry stakeholders should take full advantage of the many benefits presented by specialised programmes and content enabled by digital platforms
Both the Southern Africa Broadcasting Association (SABA) and Broadcast Media Africa (BMA) declared that the event was a great success and promised to continue to bring together industry stakeholders to share insights around many more critical issues in the future.