About The Event
Radio Broadcasting Convention of Southern Africa
Broadcast Media Africa (BMA), in collaboration with the Southern Africa Broadcasting Association (SABA), is proud to convene a high-level international Radio Broadcasting Convention Of Southern Africa. The International meeting will serve as the platform for industry stakeholders in the region (and from across the globe) to review and evaluate the strategic and operational issues and solutions with Radio Broadcasting in a digital ecosystem.
With the broadest reach per-population when compared to TV, Press and other forms of media, Radio, as a broadcast medium, is still widely acknowledged as the dominant mass-media platform in Africa.
With the theme “Radio Broadcasting in a Digital World - Reaching the Next Level”, the conference will feature a series of interactive presentations, case analysis, demonstrations and showcases from a variety of experts and practitioners sharing ideas and experiences and crucial on Radio broadcasting in Africa.
Key Themes | Features
- An examination of the future of digital radio in Africa, the right mixture of technology and content
- Understanding how to organise digital spaces for Radio stations and facilities in Africa
- Creating content for radio in a digital ecosystem - developing and managing skill-set
- Streaming and downloading content – resolving the issues and challenges faced by radio broadcasters
- Digital radio platforms and applications - innovations for listeners and broadcasters
- Examining transmitters and digital infrastructure equipment for radio broadcasting
- Pop-up, special interest and community Radio broadcasting, driving the opportunities
- Implementing ‘open system’ standards for digital radio
- Evaluate the commercial viability of digital radio platforms such as DRM, DAB, DAB+
- Policy and regulatory frameworks for radio broadcasting in a digital world