“Deeper Collaboration Between Stakeholders Is Vital” Say Broadcast Executives At Industry Forum In Nigeria
Broadcast Media Africa (BMA) and the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON) on the 26th and 27th of March 2019 in Lagos, Nigeria, the forum concluded that in order to effectively create and distribute content for digital television Africa’s broadcast media industry should engage in collaboration with other stakeholders in the value-chain.
With SES as Principal Partner and NIGCOMSAT as the Showcase Partner, the Industry Forum examined a number of key themes and arrived at important conclusions, take-aways and recommendations such as:
- Broadcasters adapting to being content publishers and working together with other stakeholders such as producers and distributors
- Industry regulators such as the NBC, NCC and APCON collaborating to bring regulatory alignment to the industry
- Innovative ways to fund and finance all types of content for digital broadcasting
- The utilisation of satellite technology to deliver broadcast content to Nigeria
- Driving initiatives that would ensure that broadcast content that contains legacy and heritage does not go extinct
Both BMA and BON as co-convener have concluded that this year’s Forum was a huge success and look forward to creating spaces for future conversations and meetings between industry executives in Nigeria.