About The Event
With the theme: “Media for Regional Development and Cohesion”, the Broadcasters Convention of Southern Africa is a 2-day industry meeting for TV and radio broadcasters and executives across Southern Africa and beyond.
Incorporating the 26th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Southern African Broadcasting Association (SABA), the event will enable various stakeholders in the regions evaluate the multiple roles and responsibilities that will allow them to effectively handle and manage their evolving and changing roles as digitisation becomes a reality!
Broadcasting and media services across Southern Africa are determinedly being migrated to digital platforms. As this is happening, industry practitioners and professionals need not only to fully understand how the new platforms might be used to deliver enhanced value to consumers, but also how they can use the tools enabled by the digitisation to foster greater cohesion, economic growth and social development in the SADC region.
Key Themes | Features
Main Themes For The Convention Will Include:
- SADC changing media landscape - delivering the SADC TV platform
- Radio broadcasting for the digital ecosystem - platforms and infrastructure
- Satellite-based solutions for digital broadcasting services across Southern Africa
- Protecting content to assure digital broadcasters revenue
- Provisioning content for a multi-platform, app-driven environment
- Effective transmission of digital signal - opportunities for service delivery
- Digital studio automation for broadcasters - taking advantage of innovations
- Content aggregation and publishing strategies for the digital ecosystem